Reading My First Non-Fiction Book This Year (And Rediscovering Ada Lovelace)

The Innovators: How a Group of  Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital RevolutionThe Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Walter Isaacson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As part of my 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge, I decided to read more nonfiction books this year. Then I also read about the book's synopsis from National Bookstore's Facebook page. I do not know what struck me with that post, but I purchased the ebook.

I have learned most about computer history stuff at school; but, sadly, it wasn't taught as interestingly as how the author wrote it in the book. It made me wonder, how I would've wanted to become a computer engineer or theoretical physicist if I had read this book or was taught this way in high school. The book made me look back at the different figures, forgotten footnotes, and figure out how the connections between them all fit together. At some points, I felt like I was reading a script from a very interesting kdrama.

Yet, perhaps it is with the storytelling and the narrative I was hooked with.

This is honestly my first foray into nonfiction reading in the past years. (Sadly, I was a book snob like that). But I resolve to be otherwise from now on. :D



View all my reviews